1) At 15, his classmates voted Stallone the one “most likely to end up in the electric chair.
2) Sly Oil paints in his spare time and considers ‘Leonardo Da Vinci’ his personal hero.
3) He sold his dog because he couldn’t feed him but gave thousands of dollars to get him back! He did!
4) He was paid $200 to play the sex-craved gigolo and appeared nude in 1970.
5) He was living for weeks in a bus station. Zero money in the bank, zero help.
6) His full name is Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone.
7) He received the first Boxing Writers Association of America’s award for lifetime cinematic achievement in boxing
8) Rocky (1976) is ranked #4 on 100 Most Inspiring Movies of all Time.
9) He was considered for Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s roles in Conan the Barbarian (1982), Black Rain (1989), and The Terminator (1984).
10) During the filming of Victory (1981), Stallone broke a finger trying to save a penalty kick from Pelé.
11) During the boxing match in Rocky 4, Sly ended up in the hospital because he told Dolph Lundgren to punch him as hard as he can in one scene.
12) He filmed a real fight with Steve Austin in Expendables (2010) and broke his back near the neck. They had to put him on a metal plate in the hospital.
13) Quentin Tarantino told him to kill Rambo in the first film. Stallone replied: ”Are you crazy? Rambo has a big future”
14) He was born with nerve paralysis near his mouth. This is why he talks like this and that didn’t stop him from being a legend!
15) He and Arnold Schwarzenegger were opponents at the beginning, but ended up being best friends!
16) Arnold Schwarzenegger pranked and fooled him into making the movie ” Stop or my mum will shoot” ( Personally I find this film funny and entertaining)
17) Both his son and his sister died.
18) He choreographed alone his Rocky match with Apollo Creed.
19) His father was abusive
20) His son was born with autism.
21) Sophia, one of his daughters had heart surgery when she was born ( she’s perfectly fine).
22) Sylvester Stallone is a huge animal lover. He always adopts dogs.
23) Sly wrote Paradise Alley, a novel about siblings who get caught up in the circus world of professional wrestling in Hell’s Kitchen. Stallone finished the novel before deciding to turn it into a screenplay.
24) Richard Gere was too physical and idiot around Stallone While filming 1974’s The Lords of Flatbush so Stallone told the director to choose one of them. Richard Gere was let go and the legend stayed!
What a fokin Legend! No matter how hard life hit him, he got up and fought! Beauty or no beauty, talent or no talent, roids or no roids Stallone managed to achieve his dreams and become from a person who can’t afford lunch, to a person that has everything and inspires many future generations. He showed us that the last thing to age on somebody is their heart. No matter how always grow, always love and take care of your family, always take care of your body and mind!
Thank you, Stallone!
I am a lifetime movie addict and cinema is my passion. I’ve been a movie writer for 8 years. My goal is to teach people how to watch movies and how to appreciate them instead of hating them. Some gems are hidden out there but I’m here to show you them all!