1) At age 14, he enrolled in a seminary to become a priest. He dropped out after one year.
2) He said in an interview that Scientology cured him of his dyslexia (1992)
3) Tom is ranked as one of the Top movie stars & one of the most beautiful movie stars in the world!
4) He took up acting after losing his place on a high school wrestling team due to a knee injury.
5) Cruise has repeatedly denied requests for his likeness to be made into video games and action figures.
6) He has two adopted children with Nicole Kidman
7) He does skydiving, scuba diving, and piloting Special S-2B stunt plane
8) Before Keanu Reeves, he was considered for the lead role in The Matrix (1999)
9) While attending the London premiere of War of the Worlds (2005), he was squirted in the face with water during a prank interview. His reaction on camera was stern but not livid. The culprit was charged with assault.
10) Tom Says Vanilla Sky (2001) is the best film he’s done.
11) If not until now, at some point he is the only actor to have worked with both Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick.
12) He dated Sofia Vergara! ( I mean god damn I had to mention that)
13) He was fascinated by the samurai and the samurai code and after many years of studying Tom made The Last Samurai (2003)
14) He quoted that his father was a bully and a coward. He didn’t grow up all fine and dandy…
15) He is doing his own movie stunts for decades and has hurt his body so much to make ‘real’ scenes. He has learned to hold his breath underwater for more than 6 minutes, drive a plane, watersports, parkour, climbing, etc.
Without a doubt, Tom Cruise is one of the greatest actors and one of the kindest and most interesting men out there!
Thanks for your awesome movies Tom!
I am a lifetime movie addict and cinema is my passion. I’ve been a movie writer for 8 years. My goal is to teach people how to watch movies and how to appreciate them instead of hating them. Some gems are hidden out there but I’m here to show you them all!